Harvey has the land and infrastructure
Harvey occupies a unique location in the center of greater Chicago. The City is the gateway between the massive e-commerce logistic centers in suburban Cook and Will County (e.g., Amazon facilities in Markham and Country Club Hills and the Joliet inland port) and end users in downtown Chicago – serviced by the unparalleled Interstate and rail connections. We will work hand-in-glove with your developer/broker team to find the right location for your business.
The City of Harvey has excellent, shovel ready sites for redevelopment, including larger parcels already assembled for major projects.
INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS IN THE PIPELINE
Harvey is partnering with Illinois and Cook County to reinvest in its infrastructure so that businesses can maximize their productivity. Halsted (a major north/south arterial connecting to I-80) on the City’s east side was recently re-surfaced, and IDOT has just issued bids to rebuild the entire Wood Street corridor in 2023 (another north/south arterial connecting to I-57). Other projects are listed below.
CITY STRATEGIC PLANS AND ZONING FACILITATING FUTURE DEVELOPMENT
Harvey has concrete plans to sustain future development. The City recently completed a major modernization of its zoning which will guide development. Additionally, it has targeted plans for focused redevelopment as shown below.
- For zoning information: Harvey Zoning Map and updated Municipal Zoning Code
- For the City’s new TOD Plan: City of Harvey Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Plan
- For the City’s broadband infrastructure plan: Broadband Strategic Plan
- For the City’s park and green space plan: Parks & Public Space Strategy
- For the City’s strategy for the future Southland Logistics Center: Strategy for Logistics